jueves, 2 de septiembre de 2010


I don't really have much of a politcal past. As a teenager, My band played a Rock Against Racism gig, I demonstrated against Apartheid outside the South African Embassy in London, and I also went to lots of benefit concerts (I saw some great bands! The Smiths, The Style Council, Ms Dynamite, Manic Street Preachers and lots more). The last demonstration I took part in was in 2003 when an estimated 1,000,000 people marched through London to protest against the invasion of Iraq (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2765041.stm).
Unfortunately, Bush & Blair didn't listen to the voice of the people who they were elected to serve.

So much for modern politics!

Write about the student demonstrations from your point of view.
Say:
Why students were demonstrating,
Whether or not you agree with the demonstrations,
Whether or not you took part in the demonstrations.

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 250 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's

6 comentarios:

  1. That the public education lives
    The University of Chile is not sold.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Maybe I will protest because to change the english´s teacher, I will take the faculty if necessary.-

    Bye

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Our university can not be sold, because it belongs to everyone

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I think we must show our real social potential,but by other ways!
    http://mmb442.blogspot.com/2010/09/why-do-people-have-to-demonstrate.html

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I remember the news came out in the demonstration in London, which is not always hurt the people's voice heard.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. THE STUDENTS AND HIS WAYS OF EXERCISING THE POLITICAL POWER AT LEAST IN CHILI, MUST BE CHECKED U.U

    ResponderEliminar