lunes, 10 de mayo de 2010

A country you would like to visit


I've always wanted to visit China. I read a lot of stories that were set in China when I was younger and I imagined China to be a mysterious country and interesting country. One of my first teachers at primary school taught in China and she used to tell us lots of stories about how different it was to Europe. People thought differently, ate different food and wore different clothes. Later, I read about my favourite author Mervyn Peake who grew up in China because his parents were missionaries. He was amazed at how big China was. While some of the capitol cities may have facilities and institutions that are similar to those in Western cultures, the way they operate may be very different.
If I visited China I would like to see the Great Wall of China and sail down the Yantzee River. There are also some interesting ghost towns in the Northern desert areas that would be fascinating to visit.

What country would you like to visit?
Write at least 200 words.
Say:
Why you would like to visit this country,
What you would like to do there,
What places you would visit,
Why you think it would be an interesting place to visit,
What things would be different to Chile.

Later, leave comments on at least 3 of your classmates' blogs.

5 comentarios:

  1. Woow Simon, China is one of my favourite place to visit some day! I would like the Great Wall! well my dear teacher! bye!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. 中國是一個美麗的國家 其古老的文化

    I can write in Chinese!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I choose Chiona too, is my favorite country. it's so beatiful and is a country too different to chile or england.
    some day i will be there

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I hope someday I meet a Chinese wall Simon.
    Bye

    ResponderEliminar
  5. oooooo that great! I think China should have many beautiful places to see, I love to visit China and tour its most important buildings!

    ResponderEliminar