miércoles, 23 de junio de 2010

Oral Interaction Language

Giving your opinion

Giving your opinion neutrally

"I think…."


"I feel that…."


"In my opinion…."


"As far as I'm concerned…."


"As I see it…."


"In my view…"

Giving a strong opinion


"I'm absolutely convinced that…."


"I'm sure that….."


"I strongly believe that…."


"I have no doubt that…"


ASKING SOMEONE'S OPINION

"What do you think?"


"What's your view?"


"How do you see the situation?"

Agreeing and disagreeing
Agreeing

"I think you're right."
"I agree with you."


Strong agreement

"I couldn't agree with you more."
"You're absolutely right."
"I agree entirely."
"I totally agree."


Agreeing in part

"I agree with you up to a point, but..."
"That's quite true, but..."
"I agree with you in principle, but..."


Disagreeing

"I'm not sure I agree with you."
"(I'm afraid) I don't agree."
"(I'm afraid) I disagree."
"(I'm afraid) I can't agree with you."
"(I'm afraid) I don't share your opinion."

Note that when you disagree with someone, you can often sound
more polite by using a phrase such as "I'm afraid..."

Disagreeing strongly

"I don't agree at all."
"I totally disagree."
"I couldn't agree with you less."

Keeping a conversation going
Making comments

"No!" - to show surprise
"I don't believe it!" - to show surprise
"Wow!" - to show admiration or surprise
"That's incredible / amazing / unbelievable" - to show great
interest in the subject of conversation
"How awful / terrible" - to show sympathy with someone else's bad
news

Asking questions

"Really?" - to show surprise
"And you?" - when someone asks you how you are
"Did you?" - can be used to encourage someone to tell their story.

For example, "I saw her last night" "Did you?" "Yes, she was with one of her friends, and she...."

Have fun!!

6 comentarios:

  1. Good morning mister Simon... here is my blogspot link. http://aboxfullof.blogspot.com/.
    have a nice day

    Mikela.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. teacher, I finish the post, in my blog.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. We all stay with desire of more
    vacations and that the teacher takes to us of trip =O

    =)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. http://mmb442.blogspot.com/2010/08/what-i-would-like-to-do.html#comments

    ResponderEliminar
  5. mister simon... i have a question, in my post i wrote this sentence "A lot of artist, songs, genres... each of everyone AMAZING in their own way." i'm not sure about that "Everyone", is wrong? right? another word that can i use?? i'm trying to say something like "cada uno de estos".
    thanks

    ResponderEliminar